Explainer videos are an excellent way for associations to share information with their audiences. Videos can quickly explain your organization or an idea, product, or service to your audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand. Explainer videos are widely used across industries because of their impact and versatility. Your association should use explainer videos if it doesn’t already because they:
- Are fun, engaging, and compelling
- Can be used multiple times across a variety of platforms — on your website, on social media accounts, or in newsletters
- Increase conversions, resulting in more conference signups and legislative participation
- Help new members become better educated in topics relevant to your association
- Maximize your audience’s understanding of complex topics. This is helpful when sharing information about topics like legislative efforts or new education for members
- Work well when viewed on a computer, smartphone, or tablet
The most common type of explainer video is an animated video. Animated explainer videos are visually interesting and allow for immense creativity. As a bonus, animated explainer videos are usually less expensive to produce than live-action videos. They’re also easier to update or redo if necessary at a later date.
There are three main types of animated explainer videos: cartoons, infographics, and whiteboard/chalkboard videos. Each type comes with its own advantages. Different animated explainer video types make more sense to use than others depending on your purpose for making a specific video.